In an effort to highlight and bring more awareness to Men’s Health for Movember, we wanted to spotlight a few of our Reign Fitness Men this month…
…to help us get to know the individuals that make up our community better.
***If you haven’t checked out what Reign Fitness is doing for Movember take a quick second to read through the post below…
Now onto the Member Spotlight and Mark Ledbury! He's always working his but off, never complaining, and most importantly, always making an effort.
Mark is an amazing member to our gym family and I couldn't imagine Reign without him!
Occupation:systems and data analyst at Boeing
1. What (who) brought you to Reign?
Kelly and Mark Smith (Thank you!)
2. Why did you decide to participate in 'Movember?'
Several of my contemporaries have died in the past few years from a number of men’s health issues.
If participating in this helps others avoid these health problems, I’m happy to help.
3. What is the most significant change - whether social, physical, mental…you have experienced since you have been here?
Reign Fitness is composed of a great group of positive, friendly and powerful people. Being part of this group helps me push myself to be better and do more.
4. Tell us a little about yourself. What's a Day In The Life of Mark?
The weekdays start at 4:30 am. I take a van pool to work from Newcastle to Everett. Work can be anything from customer support, troubleshooting, software development, etc. after returning home I take my dog Jack, out for a walk, work out (at Reign, where else :-)).
Come home have dinner, and relax a little.
Weekends are usually reserved for working on household projects (either mine or for others) or hobbies and spending time with friends and family.
5. Share your favorite memory so far at Reign.
During one of my early ReignFit sessions, I found myself working next to Albert. I was having trouble keeping up as I just couldn’t get enough air. I asked him about during a one-minute break. He gave me the breathing 101 lesson.
I tried it and it worked!
I’m still working on this, but that little bit of help made a big difference. Just like all of the little suggestions and nudges that Megan and Jodeci give me.
It really helps!
6. What are your goals or aspirations leading into the New Year?
For 2019 I want to be able to 10 standard pull-ups at one time and also 25 full pushup.
7. First CD you bought & Favorite Movie of all time...
CD... hmmm... Super Tramp - Breakfast in America.
For movies, good science fiction rules the day.
I’m a Star Wars, Star Trek and Avatar fan.
I also very much like every Pixar movie.
8. What are your hobbies outside of Reign?
Photography, astronomy, woodworking, building, hiking, reading... the list goes on and on.
9. Who is your hero and why?
I’ll have to think about this for a while...
10. If you could have dinner with any three people in the world, who would it be and why?
Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, and Neil Armstrong. Just to be in there presence and asking them a few questions would be amazing!
11. What accomplishment are you most proud of (outside and inside of the gym)?
Outside the Gym it’s my daughter Jen.
I’m very proud of the young woman she’s become.
I’m also proud of my 27 years and counting marriage to my amazing wife Mary. She definitely has made me a better person.
12. What advice would you give to anyone including men looking to start their fitness journey?
Leave your ego at the door, show up, do your best and repeat.
Fill In The Blank...
I Love...my family and my friends, sunrises and sunsets
I Am...working hard to become the best version of myself I can be
I Wish...I could quickly travel through the solar system and see with my own eyes the beauty of the planets and their moons
I Eat...too much - I’m working on that :-)
Check out the previous Reign Member Spotlight...