Reign Fitness Member Spotlight | February 2020
In an effort to get to know our Reign Fitness Community better, we like to feature a member each month who showcases our core values...
"Being Coachable, Confident, Hungry, Positive, and Humble."
And for February 2020, We couldn't pick anyone more deserving of the spotlight then this morning squad member who has been putting in some serious, consistent, hard work!
Kim is always challenging herself to keep improving and continues to make health a priority in her life. We've seen her consistently learning and pushing herself outside of her comfort zone.
She is also always smiling and brings great energy. Could not imagine the Reign Community without her and I truly hope others will get to know her a little like I do through this Member Spotlight!
Here is Kim…
Name: Kim Kamla
Occupation: IT Director
1. What (who) brought you to Reign? How long have you been training with Reign?
2. What is the most significant change - whether social, physical, mental…you have experienced since you have been here?
My confidence has increased for sure and I’ve also noticed that starting my day with something really physically challenging jump starts my energy and helps me to focus.
3. Tell us a little about yourself. What's a Day In The Life of ____________?
I really thrive on routine! My week days always start at 4am, at Reign by 5am, rush home. Most days I work from home and spend my days on video calls, which is great because it keeps me out of the downtown Seattle traffic .
I usually wrap up my work day around 5 or 6, make dinner and hang out with my husband, watch TV, and I am always in bed by 9pm. Weekends are for running errands and spending time with friends and family.
4. Share your favorite memory so far at Reign?
There are lots of great memories, but the whole experience of training for and competing in the Girls Gone RX competition in 2018 is probably my favorite.
5. What are your goals or aspirations for this year? 2020
I really want to get more consistent with my nutrition.
6. First CD you bought & Favorite Movie of all time...
I’m way older than CDs! I honestly don’t remember my first “CD” but I the first band I was reallyin to was probably Duran Duran - if I had any money I would have spent it on a Duran Furan albumfor sure!
I tend to fall asleep during movies so it’s hard to say. I am a sucker for a good rom-com though - love The Proposal and Silver Linings Playbook. I actively avoid movies that might make me cry.
7. What are your hobbies outside of Reign?
I love boating and being in warm, sunny places!
Also camping, riding ATV’s, and wine tasting
8. What's your spirit animal?
Definitely a duck.
I love how they are all calm and collected looking even when they are swimming like crazy.
9. Life words of wisdom you have for Teens? 20 year olds? 30 year olds? (We'll stop there.)
Take care of your body- it’s going to need to last a long time.
Try lots of things, go lots of places.
Listen to your Mother
10. What advice would you give to anyone looking to start their fitness journey?
Just be persistent... it will lead to a pattern witch will lead to a habit.
11. One interesting fact about yourself? Please elaborate if it needs more elaboration.
Even though I love warm, sunny places, I have made two trips to Fairbanks, Alaska in the middle of Winter to see the northern lights.
Didn’t really get to see the lights either time, but still had a ton of fun dog sledding, hiking, and site seeing in -20’ish degree weather – BRRRR!
12. Share a training or nutrition strategy that is vital in your toolbox.
Creating habits is really key for me. My first 12 months at Reign I made it a goal to get over 20 classes every month.
13. Can you share one of your favorite recipes?
Paleo Pasta Puttanecsa... so yummy!!
Fill In The Blank...
I Love... my family (including my cat)
I Am... thankful for my health
I Wish... there were more sunny and warm days in Seattle
I Eat… potato chips if they are in the house! (which is why they usually aren’t)